Management couple jobs abroad
Management couple jobs abroad: Are you and your partner seeking an unforgettable adventure in the heart of nature? Look no further! Sette Cama Camp, nestled in the breathtaking wilderness of Gabon, is currently searching for a dynamic and experienced management couple to join our team.
Gabon is a French-speaking country and English is basically non-existant in day to day dealings, this placement thus requires that at least one person in the couple is fluent in spoken and written French.
About Sette Cama Camp:
Sette Cama is a small eco-tourism and sportfishing lodge bordering Loango National Park in Southern Gabon. Located on the Ndogo Lagoon, 300m from the Atlantic Ocean, the area is famous for big game on the beach, pristine jungle, diverse coastal habitats and associated wildlife (including great apes), and world-class sportfishing. The lodge consists of 9 wooden bungalows and typically accommodates 8 to 12 guests (but can go up to 20). There’s 15 to 19 local-staff, and up to 4 expat-staff, depending on the season. The long- established lodge is rustic but comfortable and completely off-grid. Click here to see more about the camp.
We are looking for a diversely skilled and dynamic management couple for full-time employment. Successful applicants must speak English and at least one person must be fluent in spoken and written French, the latter is a 100% condition to be considered for this posting. Previous hospitality and remote-Africa experience is beneficial. The successful couple will be part of a highly motivated, Gabon-experienced team, all of whom will work together in support and training of the outlined tasks and requirements as we aim to improve and build the Sette Cama product and its contribution to conservation and communities.
Sette Cama is quite remote, and logistical difficulties, blindsiding curveballs, and human-capital challenges are daily constants in Gabon. The following skillset is crucial: a passion for conservation and preserving wilderness areas; high motivation to live and work in a remote setting and thrive in a logistically, socially and psychologically challenging environment; an on-the-fly, highly proactive problem-solving psyche; an organised, systematic mindset that can focus on establishing stringent SOPs for day-to-day operations; excellent record-keeping backed by basic accounting and satisfactory IT competence (e.g. spreadsheets, correspondence, cloud-based computing, etc.); food and beverage experience, staff management experience; technical maintenance background, attention to detail on housekeeping, hosting, and catering; willingness to be available for the 24/7 hours that tourism demands; patience and disposition re community engagement and dealing with bureaucracy, etc.
The position requires but is not limited to the following (note that the current owner-managers will provide all the necessary support/training for the transition time required for the management couple to become familiar with these tasks and requirements):
- Managing all daily operations.
- Managing all in-country PAX logistics (e.g. Libreville arrivals/departures, air charter, road transfers, etc.).
- Overseeing the daily guest programs and co-ordination of PAX activities with the relevant guides and support personnel.
- Establishing, applying, and adapting SOPs pertaining to all staff and operations.
- Managing the local staff re daily operations and basic admin including labour compliance, time sheets, advances, leave, etc.
- Managing food, beverage, and fuel procurement including stock control, forecasts, orders, supply and delivery logistics.
- Managing, overseeing, and training re all housekeeping services.
- Managing, overseeing, and training re all food and beverage services (e.g. menu development).
- Managing all in-country compliance (e.g. insurances, vehicle/boat papers, national park taxes, etc.).
- Basic book keeping re income and expenses and reporting to local accountant.
- Preparation of PAX departure invoices for drinks, merchandise, taxes, etc.
- Managing general lodge maintenance, plumbing, electricity, waste management, etc.
- Managing lodge appliance and equipment repairs, maintenance and procurement including vehicles, ATVs, boats, outboard motors, refrigeration, air-con units, etc.
- Managing in-country (local Gabon market) marketing and guest correspondence.
- Managing the relationship with National Parks (ANPN) and the local village communities.
- Vigilant quality control and improvements to the product and services supported by involved staff capacity-building.
- Opening and closing of seasons operations (short periods of closure for maintenance may occur).
- The salary is negotiable, largely depending on how well the candidates fit the jobs at hand.
- Accommodation and board covered.
- 4 Months on and one month off rotation with travel covered.
Perks (some Ts & Cs apply)
- For their own enjoyment and for training and quality control purposes, senior managers may partake in most PAX activities at any time.
- When space-permitting/logistically feasible, senior managers’ direct families may visit at any time at significantly reduced cost to them, ex LBV. They may also partake in organised PAX activities and excursions if not compromising guest opportunities/enjoyment.
- The opportunity to be immersed in a many-layered, natural setting that is nothing short of mind-blowing (see the ‘World of Wonder’ introductory episode to ‘Our Great National Parks’ on Netflix).
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most interesting, stimulating, and meaningful developing tourism landscapes on the planet and contribute to the greater-good re conservation and community.
How to apply
Very important: fluency in spoken and written French for at least one person in the couple is critical.
Starting date: ideally September / October 2023, but there is no fixed start date, and should you read this document at any time and it interests you, please forward your CV as we’d like to have your name on-file.
Addendum: If you’re not a couple, but are interested in this work-setting and fluent in French, then we’d still like to hear from you as there are other interesting positions where you might fit into our project.
If you’re seriously interested, please submit your CV and motivation letter to Ed Truter firstname.lastname@example.org / WhatsApp +27 78 1141669