Imagine a fish so big that some call it the elephant of the river. Imagine it once inhabited the waters of 1/4 of the African continent in vast numbers.
Now imagine, that largely unseen to the developed world, a wave of humanity has reduced all the rivers and surrounding landscapes to skeletal remains. But, right in the middle of it all, there’s a wilderness that has beaten the odds, a haven that offers a glimpse of how all of western Africa’s savannah areas once were.
Journey with a group of fly fishermen to this very special oasis to witness an explosion of life, where the end-goal is to help protect it all through fly fishing tourism.
– A story by Johann Vorster –
- Winner – Best Cinematography – Documentary Short Film Festival
- Winner – Best Documentary – Independent Shorts Awards
- Winner – Feel the Real Film Festival
- Official Selection – Independent Short Fest 2020
- Official Selection – Rise Fly Fishing Film Festival 2020
Edward Truter, Xavier Vannier, Stuart Harley, Greg Ghaui
Available now on Vimeo on Demand
Due to Capitaine still airing in a few film and nature documentary festivals, we are unable to launch it free to view just yet. It will be free to view from June/July 2020. There is a nominal pay per view charge, so if you have the means, please do support the creative team behind the film by clicking and watching. We can assure you, it will be worth every cent!